1/07/2006

Inspired by Mrs. MuDD...

There's something about forgiveness - seeking it, giving it, and receiving it that brings about peace to one's soul. All those who've passed on probably wish they had sought more forgiveness and had been more forgiving. Maybe that's why we need to seek forgiveness for those who can't seek forgiveness for themselves and be forgiving toward those who are occupied with the drunkness of their youth. Maybe someday, we too will find ourselves in the same predicament, wondering why we wasted our lives when we could've done so much more. Maybe that day our granddaughter, or perhaps a distant friend, will think of us and seek forgiveness for our soul. (i sure hope so!)

As a child, my grandmother often reminded me to include all the Prophets (peace be upon them) and their Companions (raa), all the Angels, all my dead realitives and their loved ones, and anyone who has ever felt righteousness in their heart, in my duas. "But if i gave all my duas away what will be left for me?," i asked my grandmother. "Everything and so much more...,"said my Nano!

They say when you pray for someone in need, angels in turn pray for you. (Sahih Muslim,narrated byAbudDarda ra: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: There is no believing servant who supplicates for his brother behind his back (in his absence) that the Angels do not say: The same be for you too


Lucifer made a vow that he’ll lead people astray until their last breath, So God told him, He will Forgive people until they breathe their last. (wow, take that)

Hadith Qudsi 34:O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

Hadith Qudsi 11:Spend (on charity), O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.

Hadith Qudsi 18:O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink whin You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 485:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

Abu Bakr As-Siddiq said to the Prophet "O Allah's Apostle! Teach me an invocation with which I may invoke Allah in my prayers." The Prophet said, "Say: O Allah! I have wronged my soul very much (oppressed myself), and none forgives the sins but You; so please bestow Your Forgiveness upon me. No doubt, You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

1875. (Bukhari) Shaddad ibn Aws stated that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The best way to ask forgiveness is for a slave to say, 'O Allah, You are my Lord. There is no god but You. You created me and I am Your slave. I comply with Your covenant and Your promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with you from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me. Only You can forgive sins.' Anyone who says this during the day having confidence in it and dies on that day before evening will be among the people of the Garden. Anyone who says it during the night having confidence in it and dies before morning will be among the people of the Garden." [al-Bukhari]

372. (Bukahri) 'Umar was heard to say, "Anyone who does not show mercy will not be shown mercy. Anyone who does not forgive will not be forgiven. Anyone who does not turn in repentance will not be turned to nor will he be protected or guarded."


...The angels will lower their wings in their great pleasure with one who seeks knowledge, the inhabitants of the heavens and the Earth and the fish in the deep waters will ask forgiveness for the learned man... (Bukhari)