9/01/2005

Sophie's World

For those of you with little or no background in history of western philosophy this would be a great intro: Sophie’s World

As I wait for my copy of I Saw Ramallah , I’ve been browsing through this one since last week (even though i bought it 5 years ago) and can’t seem to put it down. It covers the world from the Natural Philosophers to Democritus and Socrates, to Plato and Aristotle, and rolls through Hellenism and the Middle Ages, Kant and Darwin, blah blah…

The author cleverly attracts ADHS's like myself by setting the story within the genre of fantasy fiction. I say, it is simply brilliant! Thus far!
I remember taking philosophy 104 back in the day but I don’t remember learning as much as I did with succinct descriptions of each period by the author in this book.